It can be tricky finding the perfect needlecraft workstand, especially if you’re a beginner. But we have been testing out three of our bestsellers to find out which workstand is right for you…
Made in the UK, the Lowery is our bestselling workstand receiving 5 star reviews from our customers. This workstand enables you to slip your frame in and out with complete ease and is available in a powder coated grey, with matching accessories…
- Fully adjustable, strong and sturdy workstand
- A lightweight aluminium A4 base, which can be slipped under a sofa or bed to add extra stability
- Two adjustable arms so you can increase the length and height
- 360 degree rotating movement so you can view the back of your work
- A swinging arm allowing you to get in and out of your chair without moving the entire workstand
- A side clamping head, designed to hold both round and rectangular frames
If you regularly stitch in an arm chair or in bed, then the Lowery is perfect for you as it slides easily under most objects, adding stability to the base. It also provides a highly contemporary look – perfect for any modern home.
Coming in at just £28.95 it’s not hard to see why the Posilock has been such a popular workstand, also receiving 5 star reviews from all of our customers. Perfect for embroidery hoops, quilting hoops and hand held rotating frames, it is made in polished Beech hardwood and is a traditional looking stand that will stand the test of time.
- Fully adjustable in height up to 30 inches
- An adjustable head so that you can view the back of your work without unclamping
- Accessories are available to maximize the Posilock and these include, a clamp useful for holding a lamp, magnifier or chart as well as a ‘Helping Hand’
- This frame also has some handy little magnets to keep scissors, needles and other accessories at a handy distance as you stitch
If you prefer stitching larger pieces of work with a bigger rotating frame then the Posilock is perfect – its traditional wooden finish also compliments any space. Just remember that it does require a little more tightening to ensure it remains stable during your stitching, therefore purchasing a Twizzler is highly recommended.
The quickest and simplest to put together, the Stitchsmart comes in just two parts making it practical and compact for even the smallest of spaces and provides a very comfortable work environment for frequent stitchers. Combined with the StitchSmart Accessory Pack, the StitchSmart provides all of the functions you could need for stitching.
- Incredibly lightweight, sturdy and easy to move
- Fully adjustable in height up to 37.5 inches
- Comes with a 360 degree turning action so you can access the back of your work
- Accessories include an adjustable LED Light, which illuminates the work area and also doubles up as a magnifier and strong spring mounted chart holder
Incredibly lightweight, the Stitchsmart is by far the easiest to put together and is a great option if you like to tidy your workstand away on a regular basis.