The 2019 Needlecraft Awards entries are OPEN!
Following on from an incredibly well received inaugural Needlecraft Awards in 2018, with over 500 entrants across eight categories, even the dreadful weather on the night couldn’t stop attendees from coming along to Olympia in London to recognise and celebrate the well deserved winners.
SewandSo are excited to announce the launch of the second National Needlecraft Awards, taking place at the Spring Knitting & Stitching Show on 28th February 2019 in Kensington Olympia.
Everyone can join in the fun! You have the opportunity to submit your own entries, nominate talented family and friends plus vote for your favourite designers. There are a variety of different awards, including Needlecrafter of the Year and Designer of the Year.
Awards you can enter are:
- Needlecrafter of the Year.
- Young Needlecrafter of the Year.
- Best Original Design – Cross Stitch.
- Best Original Design – Embroidery/Tapestry.
- Crafting Happier Lives Award.
- Best Use of Embroidery in Fashion.
- Technical Excellence in Hand Embroidery.
- Best Use of Colour.
- Best Miniature Needlecraft.
Awards to vote for your favourites are:
- Designer of the Year – Cross Stitch.
- Designer of the Year – Embroidery/Tapestry.
Entering is completely free and if you are one of the shortlisted finalists SewandSo will provide you with one free ticket to the event so you can attend the awards ceremony.
(Left: Emily Peacock, winner of Designer of the Year 2018, shown with Ame Verson, Content Director of SewandSo)