Stay on top of your game with this monthly dose of Instagram embroidery inspiration designed to flood your feed with colour and creativity while building community and improving your chances of being reposted…
Upping your social media game is tricky especially when it comes to finding quality hashtags to add to your posts and like-minded folks to connect with. So, we asked Shannan from Bobbin & Fred to take up the mantel and scour all of the stitch-related accounts to bring you effortless treasures.
Shannan has put together a selection of fun Instagram embroidery hashtags and fantastic fibre art posts to inspire your craftsy souls and make your hearts sing this April. As well as all of that, she’s added in her favourite from the images posted under our hashtag. Tag your photos with #SewandSo for a chance to be featured next time!
1. Textiles by Becca kicks off this month’s top Instagram embroidery finds with this sparkly close up of her bead and sequin floral embroidery! I love the lime green velvet background, it offsets the smooth sequins and beads so well and is reminiscent of grass. I’m looking forward to seeing how this piece blooms over the coming weeks.
First day of spring! 🌸🌷🌼💐🌺🌻🌹 • • • #spring #firstdayofspring #springhassprung #floral #flower #flowers #colour #colourful #springdecor #springdecoration #beads #beadwork #sequins #sequin #hoop #embroideryhoop #embroidery #embroideryhoopart #hoopart #pink #green #abmlifeiscolorful #abmhappylife #abmlifeisbeautiful #craftsposure #art #embroiderersofinstagram #stitchersofinstagram #stitch #sew
2. Living on the Rainbow added these super sweet bunny tree decorations to her collection this year. They’d look fantastic on any Easter tree and all year round in a pretty girl’s room. Elena’s feed is probably the cutest I follow, I so enjoy seeing her delicious miniature scenes depicting Sylvanian Families sewing and knitting.
'Снесла" пару яичек! 🙂 А если серьезно, то мне давно хотелось придумать какую-то альтернативу моим #елочные_шары_livingontherainbow, только на тему Пасхи. Сюжетов хотелось современных, милых и забавных! И чтобы чудесно смотрелись на кухне, подходили к посуде и даже Greengate, и все такое прочее ♥ Получился вот такой набор из 2х подвесок, на каждом яйце по 2 зайчика, мальчик и девочка 🙂 Высота около 6.5см, малыши. Идеально помещаются в подставку для яйца. По таким яйцам готов МК со схемами, описанием, фотографиями. Полный и детальный, как всегда 🙂 На английском языке. В работе использован лен Zweigart 36ct. Для сборки понадобится швейная машинка. Эти подвески могу смело рекомендовать в том числе и начинающим вышивальщицам. Вышиваются зайки очень быстро и легко! Собираются тоже 🙂 Приобрести МК можно по ссылке в моем профиле (для жителей Украины оплата через Приватбанк, стоимость 180гривен). —- My new Easter ornaments – cute little eggs with funny bunnies 🙂 There are 2 of them, each showing a different bunny boy and a bunny girl! Finished egg is about 6.5cm. The cross stitch and sewing pattern is available in pdf in my Etsy shop (see the link in profile).
3. #ribbonembroidery has kept my eyes alight with beauty this month. I’ve never tried it but since looking I’m inspired to join this Instagram embroidery community. Yana Izzuddin‘s account is a treat for the eyes and this sumptuous ribbon embroidered basket of Spring flowers looks almost real! Try this amazing style of embroidery yourself with one of these stunning kits.
4. Instagram is international and so are its hashtags. Searching for foreign language hashtags can unearth gems you might otherwise miss and knowing the translation of our favourite crafts can only be a good thing. Cross stitch translates to punto de cruz in Spanish and I found this bold retro design by Stitchrovia under #puntocruz.
Getting my head into some retro floral designs today. Mmmm.. good excuse for some colour! This one is a section of a cushion I designed a while back. A good bit of inspiration #crossstitchcrazy #xstitch #xstitchersofinstagram #retro #needlepoint #broderie #puntocruz #puntocroce #crossstitch #colourlove #flowers
5. Leah Halliday is hosting a fantastic Instagram Challenge called Stitch a Week. Whether you’re a beginner looking to learn more stitches or a pro wanting to practice with friends, everyone is welcome! With the help of Leah’s expert guidance and fab instructional videos, each week you’ll attempt a new stitch and watch your sampler steadily grow, tag your progress with #stitchaweek to join in.
6. My eyes lit up when I spotted these these pretty mini hoop necklaces by The Captain and Anouk in my feed. Embroidered jewellery has a special place in my heart, it’s so lightweight and wearable and often packs punchy colours to boot, and these necklaces don’t disappoint. If you want to have a go, you can purchase the mini hoops here.
7. If an Easter Llama existed I think it would look exactly like this delicious embroidered felty marvel by Fuzzy and Flora. The cheery colours Becky’s stitched this with evoke Spring festivities and if this was mine I wouldn’t be able to resist giving the llama a little stroke every day. If you’ve got a ‘thing’ for llamas, check out these kits.
8. Are you new to Counted Canvas Needlepoint? Adorn by Orna has got you covered. Her account is a wonderful introduction into this style of embroidery. The intense spring palette in this one caught my eye and the intricate geometric stitches remind me of happy childhood afternoons spent making pictures with a Spirograph.
9. Each month in my Instagram embroidery round-up I share my favourite photo by you tagged with #SewandSo and this month it’s this fantastic progress shot of our Satsuma Street Stitch Along by Megan of Stitch Therapeutic’s 5-year-old daughter! It’s always a pleasure to see young enthusiasts picking up the needle and the future’s bright in this talented stitcher’s hands! You’re doing an amazing job, I’m looking forward to seeing your progress as more of the chart is released.
My 5yo daughter, the Khalesi, is going to make a great Instagramer. She insisted on taking a photo of her completed @craftnik Mystery Spring SAL chart 1 with the threads. I had to insist on another photo of her with the stitching for the Grandmothers. She needed help with getting started in a new location or color, she hasn’t learned to keep her floss untwisted, but she’s doing amazing! #sewandso #satsumastreet #stitchtherapy #kidstitchery #teachthemyoung
Do remember to use #SewandSo to show us your Instagram embroidery posts. We love being inspired by your creativity! Whether you’re sewing a kit, taking part in a stitch along or crafting your own design with supplies from SewandSo, tag your photo with #SewandSo to be featured here. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and stay up to date with all our needlecraft news.
If you’ve enjoyed this month’s finds you may like to check out Top Nine Needlecraft Instagram Finds this March, if you’re bang up to date Shannan will be back with more Instagram inspiration in May!
Needlework Designer and Blogger
Restyling plastic canvas one stitch at a time
Follow along at Sewing With Bobbin and Fred