Unicorns are amazing. Fact. They are all over the place at the moment too which is making us very happy!
We decided it would be the best idea to give you a Unicorn cross stitch chart so you can make and gift it to a unicorn lover, or frame it and keep for yourself. Here, this Unicorn is displayed in a wizard’s crystal ball.
This magical creature can be stitched on a wide variety of Aida choices. You could go for purple, like shown in the picture. Or you could dye your Aida in a marbled effect to give it a really striking background. So many choices.
- 50h x 50w
- 9x 9cm (31/2 x 31/2in)
- 21.5 x 21.5cm (81/2 x 81/2in) ‘blue moon’ hand-dyed 28-count Jobelan
- Tapestry needle size 24 and a beading needle
- DMC stranded cotton (floss) as listed in chart key:
- 318, 415, 505, 562, 563, 762, 3799, blanc
- Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid: 002 gold and 3533 purple mambo
- Mill Hill Magnifica glass beads 10010 royal pearl
- Narrow ribbon to embellish card
- Lightweight iron-on interfacing
- White double-fold card blank with 9.5cm (3.in) square aperture
1. Prepare your fabric for work. Mark the centre of the fabric and the centre of the chart (see chart).
2. Start stitching from the centre of the chart and fabric. Use two strands of stranded cotton (floss) for full and three-quarter cross stitch working over two fabric threads. Work French knots using one strand wound twice around the needle. Use one strand to stitch Kreinik #4 braid cross stitch. Work all backstitch with one strand.
3. Using a beading needle and matching thread, attach the beads according to the positions shown on the chart.
4. Fuse the interfacing to the back of the stitching and mount your embroidery in a ready-made double fold card blank or make one of your own).
Make it quicker. There are several ways that you can make these lovely little designs quicker to stitch – you can omit the beads, work cross stitches in place of the French knots, and substitute similarly coloured stranded cottons (floss) for the Kreinik threads.
This cross stitch chart has been excerpted from Magical Cross Stitch Designs a fantastic collection of mystical themed cross stitch charts including fairies, wizards and dragons – perfect for projects full of magic and mystery!
Packed full of mystical cross stitch motifs along with 65 charts designed by cross stitch experts Maria Diaz, Joan Elliott, Lucie Heaton and Lesley Teare. Turn the cross stitch charts into magical gifts and keepsakes with over 40 simple project ideas including hanging charms, photo holders, cards and sachets.
Divided into two sections, projects and full colour design charts, along with a Stitching Techniques chapter, you can start casting your cross stitch spells immediately!