Lengths of pretty floral bunting made in a soft green, turquoise and pale pink colour palette are perfect for a summer wedding or garden party. This free bunting sewing pattern by Jenny Arnott will have you whipping some up in no time.
For this free bunting sewing pattern you will need:
- Floral patterned fabrics in several colours and prints
- Pink bias binding
- Bunting templates
1. Use the template to cut your desired number of pennants from your fabrics. Pin each pair of triangles together with right sides facing. Machine stitch down each side of the triangles using a 5mm (3/16in) seam allowance and leaving the top edge open.
2. Turn the pennants the right way out. Press, then trim the top edges to neaten. Each pennant should be the same size.
3. Cut a length of bias binding to the desired length. Fold the tape in half lengthways and press to fix crease. Pin the pennants at regular intervals along the binding, leaving a length of at least 50cm (20in) of binding free at each end for hanging.
4. Stitch with matching thread, catching both sides of the binding and the fabric pennants as you sew. To neaten the ends of the binding, fold them over and stitch in place.