These place cards or name badges designed by Jennifer Grace provide an elegant way for guests to get to know each other at any party or wedding gathering. They make great place cards for the party table.
You Will Need:
- Patterned paper
- Scraps of vintage style floral fabrics
- White card
- Brown ink pad
- Small letter stamps
- Cream sewing thread
- Large safety pins
1. Make a 7.5cm (3in) diameter circle template and use to draw enough circles, one for each guest, onto the back of the patterned paper. Cut out the circles and ink the edges of each with the brown ink (choose a nice rich brown).
2. Using a 6cm (2 3/8in) diameter circle template draw the same number of circles onto the back of the floral fabric. Cut out.
3. Machine stitch the fabric circles onto the middle of the paper circles using the cream thread and stitching in a spiral from the edge to the centre.
4. For the name tags, cut small strips of card approximately 3cm x 1.5cm (1 1/8in x 5/8in). Use small letter stamps and the brown ink to stamp the names of your guests onto the card strips.
5. Ink the card edges with the brown ink. Use tacky craft glue to stick the name tags to the centre of the fabric circles. Leave until the glue has dried.
6. To finish, use tacky craft glue to stick a large safety pin to the back of each badge. Leave to dry.