If you’re looking for last-minute Valentine’s ideas that are guaranteed to impress, this flirtatious Valentine’s Day card by Jennifer Grace is perfect! It’s so quick and easy to make, and all you need is some coloured crepe paper and glue.
You Will Need:
- C6 white single fold card
- Red, white and pink crepe paper
- Permanent adhesive runner
Here’s how to make the Valentine’s Day card…
1. Cut two strips of pink and red crepe paper and one strip of white, each measuring 10.5cm x 3cm (4¼in x 1?in) with the grain running vertically along the strips.
2. Run the permanent glue runner across the bottom of the card 3cm (1?in) from the base and stick on the first strip of red crepe paper.
3. Stick each strip of crepe paper approximately 3cm (1?in) above the last, working your way up to the top of the card.
4. Adhere the crepe paper strips in the following order: pink, white, red, pink. Stick the crepe strips along their top edge only leaving the bottom edge unstuck for frills.
5. Once all the strips have been glued in place gently stretch the bottom edges by pulling them horizontally between your fingertips, a little at a time, to give you the ruffled effect.
This project has been excerpted from, 101 Ways to Stitch Craft Create for all Occasions.