Quilt with Tula & Angela is the new book from the fabulous Tula Pink and Angela Walters. In this book, Tula will inspire you to toss your mundane colour wheel and commit to her signature approach.
We have a little taster of what to expect in the book, with this tumbling block pillow pattern which they have called the Wall Flower. Made using the classic Tumbling block pattern it is easy to put together using a mix of light, medium and dark fabrics.
Tula & Angela give you helpful tips and tricks on how best to choose your colour palette and assembling the block with helpful diagrams.
Finished pillow cover size:
- 27″ x 27″ (68.5 x 68.5 cm)
Templates: Flower A, B, C
- Read through the entire pattern before beginning.
- Use accurate 1/4″ (6 mm) seams throughout construction.
- Place all fabrics right sides together, then sew.
- Press all seams open unless otherwise noted.
- Press after each seam.
- 5″ x 8″ (12.5 x 12.5 cm) scrap of light yellow solid
- 5″ x 8″ (12.5 x 20.5 cm) scrap of medium yellow solid
- 5″ x 8″ (12.5 x 20.5 cm) scrap of dark yellow solid
- 1 fat eighth (9″ x 21″ [23 x 53.5 cm]) of light red print
- 1 fat eighth (9″ x 21″ [23 x 53.5 cm]) of medium red print
- 1 fat eighth (9″ x 21″ [23 x 53.5 cm]) of dark red print
- 1/4 yd (68.5 cm) of gold woven fabric
- 36″ x 36″ (76 x 76 cm) of muslin backing
- 1⅝ yd (148.5 cm) of coordinating fabric
- 36″ x 36″ (91 x 91 cm) of batting
- 1/4 yd (23 cm) of fabric to make 118″ (300 cm)
- of 2 1/2″ (6.5 cm) bias binding
- 26″ (66 cm) square pillow form
To get this gorgeous tumbling block pillow pattern click here.
If you like this pattern you will love Quilt with Tula and Angela. Readers can step through 36 projects, including a signature quilt design and three companion projects for each colour story, including the final rainbow chapter, because “everyone loves rainbows.” Readers also get to eavesdrop on the creative collaboration between Tula and Angela Walters: no vague advice to “quilt as desired” in this book. Angela chooses from 24 quilting motifs she provides, to lend the ultimate surface interest to every project.
Let us know what you think and send us your pictures of your Wall Flower pillow by commenting below and tagging us on social using #sewandso