The Great British Sewing Bee has a lot to answer for! We’ve all been inspired and are now proudly sporting our (perhaps less-than-perfect) handmade garments – but if you’d like to take your dressmaking to the next level, you’re going to need some help…
This fully revised and updated edition of the best-selling The Dressmaking Technique Bible has that expert knowledge you’d kill for, all in a small and concise package. As a fully comprehensive dressmaking handbook, it includes step-by-step instructions for a huge range of techniques, from basic patterns through to couture designs.
‘How to Sew a Hem’
|Make a simple
A-line skirt with
our free tutorial
|Have a go at
sewing cute clothes
|BUY THE BOOK!|
Inside you’ll find:
– A guide to all of the equipment you’ll come across, including tools for measuring, marking and cutting; sewing machines and overlockers (sergers); needles, pins, threads and haberdashery.
– A directory of hand and machine stitches, and a textile directory with tips for choosing fabric and advice on fabric types.
– Advice on working with commercial patterns, including how to take measurements and how to adapt patterns succesfully.
– Illustrated instructions for a huge range of fabric manipulation techniques, including sewing seams, adding tucks, making bias binding, working with elastic, adding darts, inserting zips and sewing on the bias.
– All of the essential techniques for making a range of garments, covering different types of waistband, hem, sleeves, cuffs, necklines, collars, fastenings and linings.
– Inspiration and directions for decorative touches like topstitching, embroidery, applique, piping, fringing, and adding embellishments such as lace, ribbon, buttons and beads.
Order your copy of the new and updated edition of The Dressmaking Technique Bible for all of the guidance you need to create beautiful clothes, whether you’re following a pattern, adding embellishments or starting from scratch. If you love dressmaking and want to develop your skills further, don’t miss our Useful Links panel to the right above. ?