This pretty gift bag project is a gift in itself! The sweet use of lace and embellishments gives perfect detail to this perfect project. This bag would not only make a nice gift, but would also be the perfect table decoration and guest gift for parties or weddings.
You Will Need:
- Patterned paper
- Checked satin ribbon
- Decorative edge punch
- Scalloped circle punch
- Double-sided tape
- Glue stick
1. From green patterned paper, cut a strip measuring 30cm x 8cm (117?8in x 3½in) and two squares measuring 10cm x 10cm (37?8in x 37?8in). Score the strip 2cm (¾in) in from each edge and fold. Score every 10cm (37?8in) and fold. Cut notches and fold up to attach to the squares by gluing tabs to the box sides.
2. To make the handle cut a strip of green paper measuring 5.5cm x 30cm (21?8in x 117?8in).
3. Punch the edges of the handle strip using the decorative edge punch and add a strip of pink patterned paper along the centre measuring 2.5cm x 30cm (1in x 117?8in). Attach to the inside of the bag.
4. Punch along the edge of a strip of dark pink striped paper measuring 6cm x 30cm (23?8in x 117?8in) and fix around the top of the bag.
5. Tape a strip of ribbon around the bag and tie ribbon around the handle. Punch five scalloped circles from pale pink patterned paper and fix them together by piercing through the centre of each one and securing with a brad. Spray with water and scrunch each layer starting with the top one to create a flower. Let dry.
6. Cut two small green leaves from paper. Glue to the bag and glue the flower on top.