Stitch this cute and clever sewing pattern tidy to keep your patterns organised and safe. This sweet applique and sewing project is sure to be a hit for anybody who likes to collect patterns, sewing notes and inspirational pictures.
To make this sewing pattern tidy, you will need:
- Fabric for tidy
- Fabric for appliqué
- Co-ordinating sewing thread
How to Make a Sewing Pattern Tidy:
1. Measure the width and the height of the front, back and depth of the sewing patterns. Add 2.5cm (1in) all around for the seam allowance, and allowing a little extra room, cut out two pieces of fabric to this size, one for the top and one for the lining.
2. Using the template, cut out a sewing machine from lining fabric and another from the interlining. With the top fabric facing right side up, iron and sew the appliqué centred at the right-hand side.
3. Place the lining fabric on top, right sides facing, and machine stitch around the edge leaving a 5cm (2in) gap. Trim corners. Turn right side out, press and sew gap closed. Attach button to the appliqué.
4. Fold the cover in half and measure the height and three-quarters of the width of the front cover and add a 2.5cm (1in) seam allowance. Cut two pieces of lining fabric to this size for the flaps. Hem one edge on each flap.
5. Lay the cover flat with the right side facing up. Pin the flaps at either side, with right sides facing, so that the hemmed edges are facing the centre.
6. Place a long piece of ribbon (for fastening) between the cover and the left flap so that the ribbon will be level with the button of your appliquéd sewing machine. Machine stitch around the three outside edges of each flap. Trim corners, turn right side out, and press.