Sail away with this handy lavender scented bag pattern designed by Jenny Arnot. This cute little linen drawer bag keeps your towels and sheets smelling beautifully fresh with the calming scents of lavender.
For this Scented Bag Pattern, You Will Need:
- Sailing Boat Lavender Scented Bag templates
- Fabric for scented bag front and back, two pieces 11cm x 14cm (43?8in x 5½in)
- Scraps of fabric for appliqué
- Co-ordinated sewing thread
- Pretty ribbon
- Dried lavender
1. Using the scented bag pattern templates, cut a boat base and flag from red spotty material. Cut one sail from stripy fabric, and another from blue spotty fabric.
2. Position the appliqué pieces onto the front fabric. Machine stitch around the edge of each piece in contrasting thread. Go over your stitch lines two or three times to add definition.
3. Cut a 14cm (5½in) length of blue polka dot ribbon. Pin the front and back pieces right sides facing, with the ribbon hanging down inside between them from the centre of the top edge.
4. With a 6mm (¼in) seam allowance, stitch all around the edge of the bag, leaving a 6cm (2 3/8in) gap on the bottom edge. Reinforce the stitching by the opening.
5. Turn the scented bag right side out and press with a medium heat. Fill with lavender, then neatly stitch the gap closed.