This pretty ribbon stocking Christmas tree decoration by Carol May is made from two ribbons interwoven to create the stocking front. Use festive colours or Christmas-themed ribbons to make this attractive ribbon stocking to decorate your home or give as a gift.
You Will Need:
- Fat quarter of cotton fabric
- Two 1.5m (1.yd) lengths of contrasting ribbon(Try some of our Christmas ribbons)
- Polyester wadding (batting)
Here’s how to make the ribbon stocking…
1. Use the template to cut two stockings from the cotton fabric. Set one aside for the back and prepare to decorate the front.
2. Taking one of your chosen ribbons, cut and pin strips diagonally across the stocking front. Interweave with strips of contrasting ribbon and pin in place. To securely fix the ribbon in place, machine or hand stitch around the edge of the stocking.
3. Place the two stocking shapes together with right sides facing and stitch around the edge, leaving the top open for turning. Snip carefully into the seam and turn the stocking through to the right side.
4. Stuff the stocking with a small amount of polyester wadding. Turn in the raw edges along the top edge, inserting a hanging loop as shown in the photograph, and slip stitch together.
This project has been excerpted from, 101 Ways to Stitch Craft Create for all Occasions.