This ribbed crochet cushion cover pattern will allow you to make beautiful cushions that look like you bought them from the high street. Mix and match colours or do one all over colour — whichever way, they are sure to look fabulous in any room of your house.
You Will Need:
- 5mm (US size H/8) crochet hook
Ribbed Crochet Cushion Cover Pattern Instructions:
1. First work a tension square: 15 sts and 12 rows to 10cm (37?8in) worked in pattern; adjust hook size if necessary.
2. Using the yarn colour of your choice, make a crochet square following the pattern below:
Foundation row: (RS) Work 1dc into 2nd ch from hook, 1dc into each ch to end. (30sts)
Row 1: 2ch, 1tr around stem of each of the next 29dc, by inserting hook from right to left around the stem and completing stitch as normal, 1htr into top of turning ch.
Row 2: 1ch, 1dc in each of next 29tr, 1dc in 2nd turning ch.
Rows 2 and 3 form the pattern. Work 20 more rows. Fasten off.
3. Work seven more squares. If using two colours, make four in each colour. Weave in ends and block to measure 20cm (77?8in) square.
4. For the cushion front lay out four squares so the rib alternates.
5. Pick up two squares with wrong sides facing and join together with a row of double crochet. Repeat with the remaining two squares. Join the two strips of two squares, wrong sides facing, with a row of double crochet. Repeat for the cushion back.
6. Weave in all loose ends. Place the front and back with wrong sides facing and join together along three sides with a row of double crochet. Insert a cushion pad and close. Fasten off yarn.