This vintage Penny Farthing design makes an ideal birthday card for male friends or relatives – it’s a little work of art with its metal embellishments! With Father’s Day on the horizon, this would make a perfect card for a special dad too.
You Will Need:
- Cream single-fold card size C6
- Scrap fabric
- Vintage-style papers
- Butterfly stickers
- Black embroidery thread
- Vintage brads
- Sprocket gear embellishments
Here’s how to make the Penny Farthing Card…
1. Using the template, cut out the hill from vintage-style papers and stick to the card blank front.
2. From scrap fabric, cut out a large circle to make the bigger wheel for the penny farthing. In pencil, draw the outline for the penny farthing’s handles and for its frame. Using backstitch, embroider over the outline with the black embroidery thread.
3. Using a sprocket for the bicycle’s smaller wheel, secure with a long fastener. Position your circle of scrap fabric, and secure with a sprocket in its centre using a long fastener to hold it in place. Stitch around the edge of the fabric wheel to keep it flat.
4. Embellish your card with butterfly stickers, or you could draw on some clouds freehand.