This pretty papercraft garland will fit in perfectly in every crafter’s home. They are very easy to make too, so beginners will enjoy this too.
You Will Need:
- Patterned paper
We used: Cath Kidston Stationery Papers
- Decorative tape
We used: Cath Kidston Tape
- Decorative edge punch
We used: Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edger Punch
- Stranded cotton (floss) to match the patterned papers
- 1 x 50g ball green yarn
We used: Rowan Yarn Cotton Elf (946)
1. Cut out pieces of paper, roughly 8cm x 12cm (3½in x 4¾in) — they can be bigger or smaller than this if you’d prefer. Use a mixture of plain and patterned papers. Punch a lacy border along one short edge of some of the pieces.
2. Snip extra pieces of paper into narrow strips and punch a lace border along one or both edges. Glue these onto some of the flags to decorate.
3. Decorate the remaining flags with simple stitching, paper scraps and strips of tape.
4. Fold over 1.5cm (5?8in) at the top edge of each paper flag. Stitch along the bottom of the folded section, to make a narrow channel.
5. Cut a piece or the green yarn and thread it through the channel at the top of each flag. Arrange the flags evenly along the length of the string to display.