Noel, Noel! Christmas is almost upon us. While there may not be much time for large scale festive stitching, there is always time for a smaller piece.
This modern festive chart is designed by Courtney Kyle. Its simple design creates a striking effect and means it is quick to stitch, just in time for Christmas. You can stitch this is any colours you would like so it matches your holiday decor theme.
MATERIALS (for one hoop)
- Stranded embroidery cotton in pink, green and yellow
- 25cm (10in) square piece of 14-count white Aida
- Tapestry needle, size 24
- 15cm (6in) wooden embroidery hoop
- Light blue craft paint and brush
- White glue
1. Stitch design in centre of Aida. Cross-stitch top and bottom borders over one square using two strands of pink embroidery cotton.
2. Cross-stitch outer edges of letters over one square using two strands of green cotton. Straight stitch with two strands of yellow cotton to fi ll inside of letters as indicated on chart.
3. Press stitched design from wrong side, straightening as much as possible.
4. Paint outer hoop of embroidery hoop light blue and let dry completely.
5. Run a bead of glue around inside of outer hoop. With stitched design centred on top of inner hoop, slide outer hoop over inner hoop and tighten screw to secure fabric into place. Allow glue to dry completely and trim away excess fabric from back.
Stitch count: 46H x 42W, Design size: 8 x 7.5cm (3. x 3in)