These trendy beaded braid bracelets bring back the school memories of making friendship bracelets for all of your besties. We’ve chosen a range of different colours, but you can experiment with an assortment of your favourite shades.
You Will Need:
- Pack of seed beads
- 3 shades of stranded cotton (floss)
- Safety pins
Here’s how to make the beaded braid bracelets…
1. Pick three colours. Take the first colour thread and cut it so that the length is the distance from your fingertip to your shoulder. Repeat this until you have six pieces of stranded cotton in total — two pieces per colour. Then tie one big knot with all the threads.
2. To hold the bracelet in place while you’re making it, put a safety pin through the knotted end and pin it to a cushion.
3. Take the far left thread and make a forward knot. The first thread on the left is always the primary. Repeat this knot on the same thread, then discard the second thread to the left. Take the primary thread and repeat the double knot on the third thread, and so on.
4. Start the next row using the thread to the far left. This now becomes your primary thread. Repeat all the steps until you have the row done.
5. Once you’ve produced some rows, thread a needle through the first thread. Thread the needle through a seed bead, and pull it up tight to the rows. You could thread the stranded cotton directly through the seed bead if it is easier. Put up to four beads on the thread, then secure with a single knot. Repeat this with each piece of thread.