These adorable crochet baby booties by Fiona-Grace Peppler make the sweetest baby gift. With sweet iron-on motifs, you can make these for both boys and girls with coordinating yarns.
To make these crochet baby booties you will need:
- Granny Square Slippers Pattern
- 3.5mm (US size E/4) crochet hook
- 1 x 50g ball blue yarn (MC)
(We used: Patons Dreamtime 3 Ply Pastel Blue- 02934)
- 1 x 50g ball pink yarn (C)
(We used: Patons Dreamtime 3 Ply Sweet Pink – 00333)
- Dog and cat iron-on motifs
- Four pink or blue buttons
1. Measure the length of the baby’s foot. Divide this measurement in half to give you the diagonal width required for each granny square.
2. Make six crochet squares for each slipper, following the pattern below, starting with MC yarn and completing the final round in C yarn. Two squares laid corner to corner should be as long as baby’s foot.
Foundation ring: 4ch, join with slst to form a ring.
Rnd 1: 1ch, 12dc into ring, join with slst into 1st ch. (12sts)
Rnd 2: 1ch, 1dc into next dc,
*3dc into next dc, 1dc into next 2dc, repeat from * twice, 3dc into next dc, 1dc into last dc, join with slst into 1stch. (20sts)
Rnd 3: 1ch, 1dc into next 2dc, *3dc into next dc, 1dc into next 4dc, rep from * twice, 3dc into next dc, 1dc into next 2dc, join with slst into 1st ch. (28sts)
Rnd 4: 1ch, 1 dc into next 3dc,
*3dc into next dc, 1dc into next 6dc, repeat from * twice, 3dc into next dc, 1dc into last 3dc, join with slst into 1stch. (28sts)
Keeping pattern correct, work as given until required size is achieved, increasing by working 3dc at each corner, working last round in yarn C.
3. Using a blunt needle and a length of yarn, slip stitch four squares together to form the sole and sides. Slip stitch another square to close up one end by folding the sides in to form the toe. Slip stitch two sides of another square to the opposite end to form the heel.
4. Iron the motifs onto the front of the crochet baby booties and reinforce with a few stitches.
5. Securely fasten a button at each side of each corner at the back of the slipper.
For yummy yarns and more visit our online store.