These brightly coloured plant pokes are very simple to create. They make a floral gift really special and you could change the words to suit the occasion.
You Will Need
- Sheet of cream 14-count
- stitching paper
- DMC stranded cotton (floss)
as in the chart key
- Size 26 tapestry needle
- Squares of brightly coloured felt
- Pinking shears
- Fabric glue or Copydex
- Plant sticks (available from garden centres)
1. Do not cut the stitching paper to size until the design has been embroidered. Stitch the design from the chart using two strands of stranded cotton (floss) for cross stitch and one strand for backstitch.
2. When all the stitching is complete, cut out the design two holes away from the stitching using pinking shears to create a decorative edge. Cut a piece of felt slightly larger than the design and glue it to the back. Allow to dry then attach the stick with glue and leave to dry.
These free cross stitch charts have been excerpted from Helen Philipps’ Cross Stitch Samplers & Cards, published by David & Charles.