This festive gingerbread man cross stitch design by Jayne Schofield is great for a card or can be mounted on a miniature red felt cushion embellished with a pompom braid edging.
You Will Need
- White 14-count Aida
- Green, gold, rust, light pink, lime, blue, lilac and red stranded cotton (floss): DMC colours 912, 676, 402, 963, 3819, 3807, 211 and 666
- Two pieces red felt 15.5cm x 15.5cm (6in x 6in)
- White and green sewing thread
- Green pompom braid
- Toy filling
1. Trim your finished embroidery as shown on the charted design. Lightly press your work on the wrong side.
2. Using white sewing thread and a small running stitch, sew the embroidered design onto one of the red felt squares, positioning it centrally. Place the red felt squares together with the embroidered design facing outwards, and oversew around the edges with tiny stitches
leaving a 4cm (1½in) gap for stuffing.
3. Stuff the cushion with toy filling and sew up the gap. Sew the pompom braid around
the edges of the cushion using green sewing thread.
This free cross stitch chart was excerpted from 101 Ways to Stitch Craft Create, published by David & Charles.