Keep your coffee cosy with this free coffee cosy sewing pattern! This pretty free sewing pattern is sure to brighten even the rainiest of mornings and keep that coffee (or tea) nice and warm.
For this free coffee cosy sewing pattern, you will need:
- Free Coffee Cosy Sewing Pattern
- Fabric for cosy, 114cm x 50cm (45½in x 20in)
- Fabric for lining and appliqué, 114cm x 50cm (45½in x 20in)
- Red ribbon
- Medium sew-in interlinining
- Fusible webbing
- Co-ordinating sewing thread
1. Using the coffee cosy pattern, cut out two of each (a front and a back) from the cosy fabric, the lining fabric and the interlining. Trace the heart template four times onto fusible webbing and roughly cut out the heart shapes. Iron onto the appliqué fabric and cut out neatly. Remove the backing paper from the motifs and position them, glue side down, onto the cosy front and back, placing one above the other centrally.
2. Place the cosy front and back together with right sides facing and pin. Take 5cm (2in) of ribbon, fold in half and place in between the fabric at the centre top, loop facing inwards. Re-pin. Machine stitch with a 6mm (¼in) seam allowance. Turn right side out and press.
3. Place two lining pieces together, right sides facing, and place between the two interlinings.
4. Sew around the edge leaving the bottom open. Put the cosy inside the lining, right sides facing, and align raw edges. Pin, then stitch around the bottom edge leaving a 7.5cm (3in gap). Turn right side out and press.
5. Fold in the edges of the turning gap and pin. Topstitch around the bottom of the cosy about 1.3cm (½in) from the edge. Press to finish.