From 100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards by By Kimber McGray
You just never know when Santa Claus will pop up and surprise you! This time around, he’s here to spread some holiday cheer … but only if you’ve been nice.
- A2 Kraft card base
- Craft knife
- Glitter glue
- Adhesive foam squares
- Santa embellishment
- Snowflake punch
- Bone folder
1. Start with a standard A2 Kraft card base (4¼” × 5½” [10.8cm × 14cm]).
2. Cut a piece of embossed red cardstock to 3¾” × 2¼” (9.5cm × 5.7cm). Hand cut a strip of white cardstock to 4½” (11.4cm). Hand scallop the edge of the strip so it resembles snow. Adhere the strip to the chimney. Embellish with a glitter glue pen.
3. Adhere the cardstock chimney to the base card with adhesive foam squares. Adhere only along the edges of the chimney, being sure to leave an opening in which to insert a Santa embellishment.
4. Cut off as much of the bottom part of the Santa embellishment as necessary to fit it snugly into the chimney.
5. Adhere two snowflakes punched from white cardstock to the card base.
1 Begin with a standard A2 Kraft card base. Cut a piece of embossed red cardstock to 3¾” × 2¼” (9.5cm × 5.7cm). Hand cut white cardstock to approximately 4½” (11.4cm) and hand scallop the edge. Adhere the white cardstock “snow” to the top edge of the chimney.
3 Cut a 1″ × 5½” (2.5cm × 14cm) strip of Kraft cardstock. Score and fold one end at ¾” and 2½” (2cm and 6.4cm). Adhere the ¾” (2cm) tab to the inside of the card, 1¾” (4.5cm) from the top edge. Adhere the Santa embellishment to the lower half of the Kraft strip. Slide Santa’s feet into the chimney.
Embellish the front of the card by creating another chimney with snow. Adhere a few die-cut snowflakes to both the interior and the front of the card. Add a little sparkle to the snowy chimneys with a glitter glue pen. Adhere various gemstones to the card for added shine and dimension.
Do you love making cards for all of your special occasions? This is a fantastic book with fresh, modern card projects featuring beginner to more complicated card designs. We Love This Book!