One of our favourite home decor projects, this French Country Chic Fabric Pin Board is guaranteed to give your home that vintage French feel and it’s fun to make!
From French Country Chic by Lise Meunier
You Will Need:
- vintage frame
- foam board 4mm thick, cut to the size of the inside of the frame
- fleece roll, cut to the size of the inside of the frame
- printed fabric, cut to the size of the outside of the frame
- acrylic paint, blue and white paint brush
- 2 strips of lace, the width of the frame pins
- sandpaper, fine and medium grain
French Country Chic Fabric Pin Board Instructions:
1. Paint the frame with two coats of blue paint and leave to dry thoroughly. Then paint white and leave to dry thoroughly again. Sand to remove the white paint in places so that the blue paint shows through.
2. Trace the inside edge of the frame onto the foam board and cut out. Place the fleece onto the foam board, then place the fabric on top. Fold the fabric over the edge of the foam board and pin all the way around, to hold it tightly. Place the strips of lace horizontally across the top of the fabric and pin in the same way.
3. Place the foam board in the frame. If necessary, hold it in place at the back with some tacks.