Brighten up your outfit with this stylish fabric corsage brooch by Kirsty Neale. Pin to a scarf, a bag or a coat… or why not make a number of corsages in various colours to match different items — they’re super easy to make!
You Will Need:
- Fancy Fabric Corsage Pattern
- Fabric for corsage — four pieces approximately 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in)
We used: Tilda Christmas House Big Spot Pink, Tilda Christmas House Grandma Rose Red, Tilda Berrie Pink and Amy Butler Lotus Full Moon Polka Dot Lime
- Decorative brad
We used: Tilda Fruit Garden
- Brown felt
- Brooch back
1. Using the petal template, draw around it onto the reverse of your chosen fabrics. You will need 8–10 petal pieces for your fancy fabric corsage. Cut out.
2. Scrunch each petal piece between your hands to roughen and deliberately fray the edges. Layer the pieces one on top of the other, staggering the petals as you go.
3. To fix them together, draw a small circle onto the back of the petal stack. Sew a line of simple running stitches around the circle. Pull the thread ends together, gathering up the fabric very slightly. Knot to secure.
4. Use your hands to ‘fluff’ the gently gathered petals and give your corsage shape.
5. Fix a decorative brad on top of the petals to make a flower centre.
6. To finish off, cut a circle of felt and stitch to the back of your corsage. Sew a brooch back onto the felt.