I have been looking for easy knitting patterns, perfect for beginners who are new to this craft. And then I discovered the Simple Knits series of easy knitting patterns for Blankets & Throws, Cushions & Pillows, Mittens & Gloves, Bags and Hats & Scarves. Here are my top 5 easy knitting patterns from the series that you can get started on today…
1. Simple Shoulder Bag (from Simple Knits: Bags) – Quick to make, this chunky-knit bag has a closing garter stitch flap to keep your possessions safe and secure. The pattern mixes yarns together to create your own unique blend, so the colour combination possibilities are endless!
2. Simple Mittens (from Simple Knits: Mittens & Gloves) – Mittens are the simplest style of knitted gloves and this stockinette stitch design couldn’t be easier – the hardest part is choosing which of the two colour variations to make. Start knitting the mittens now and you’ll have them ready for winter!
3. Garter Stitch Scarf (from Simple Knits: Hats & Scarves) – The striping of this scarf is made really easy by using a variegated yarn – all you need to do is simply knit each row. Garter stitch is an ideal stitch to use for scarves because it looks the same from both sides, and it lies flat instead of curling in at the edges.
4. Baby Blanket (from Simple Knits: Blankets & Throws) – This is the perfect gift for an expectant mum to welcome their bundle of joy into the world. It is such a sweet little blanket worked in pastel shades with simple knit and purl textured stitch patterns.
5. Black and White Pillow (from Simple Knits: Cushions & Pillows) – The bold black and white stripes of this pillow make quite an impact! Worked in thick yarn, this project is ideal as an introduction to knitting on double-pointed needles.
What’s the easiest knitting project you’ve ever made? Tell us more and share a picture of your creations on our Facebook page!
*Some of the images in this blog are not suitable for third party use.