This easy DIY knitted kindle case pattern will keep your gadget safe and snug. Choose your favourite colours of yarn and add pretty buttons to finish. The perfect knitting project to make for yourself or to give as a gift!
You Will Need:
- 3.5mm (US size 4) knitting needles
- 2 x 50g balls dark purple yarn (MC)
- 1 x 50g ball pink yarn (C)
- Pink felt
- Two buttons
DIY Knitted Kindle Case Pattern Instructions:
1. Knit the kindle case following the pattern below:
Cast on 23sts in MC yarn. Start moss stitch:
Row 1: (K1, p1) to end of row.
Row 2: As row 1.
Work 12 rows in pattern.
Change to C yarn and work 8 rows.
Change back to main colour and work until knitting measures 14cm (5½in). Cast off.
Cast on 23sts in MC yarn and work in moss stitch until back measures 24cm (9½in) to allow for flap. Cast off.
2. Make a lining from pink felt to match the size of the knitted cover.
3. Place lining inside the knitted cover and finish by using blanket stitch to attach the lining to the inside of the flap.
4. Attach the buttons to the front and make two small holes in the flap for the buttonholes. Blanket stitch around the buttonholes to give a clean edge.