The bride and groom’s decoupage initials are adorned with pretty Decopatch papers and embellished to make the perfect centrepiece for the guests tables.
by Jennifer Grace
You Will Need
- Letter and heart blanks
- Patterned papers in two different designs
- Lace strips and buttons
- Decoupage glue
- Decoupage Brush
1. Take one of your patterned papers and tear or cut it into little pieces approximately 2cm (¾in) square. Use decoupage
glue to adhere the pieces all over the letter and heart blanks, spreading the glue over the top of the paper as well as below, and smoothing out any wrinkles.
2. Take your second patterned paper and tear or cut it into little pieces 2cm (¾in) square. Glue these on top to create bands around the letter and heart shapes.
3. Once you are happy with your design, you need to protect the decorated letters by sealing with a layer of varnish.
4. Embellish the varnished letters using hot glue to attach strips of lace to the paper bands, and then buttons to the lace strips