Give the gift of a cross stitch christmas card to your loved ones this year and add that extra special touch to your card giving.
The gifts are under the tree and Santa’s work is finished for the night. Back home at the North Pole he unfurls his banner and wishes us all a very merry Christmas.
- STITCH COUNT 67h x 42w
- DESIGN SIZE 12.2 x 7.6cm (4. x 3in)
- 25.5 x 20.3cm (10 x 8in) light blue 28-count Jobelan (Wichelt code 42921J)
- Tapestry needle size 24
- DMC stranded cotton (floss) 162, 310, 317, 318, 349, 700, 702, 703, 742, 743, 744, 816, 951, 3716, blanc
- Kreinik #4 braid 028 citron
- Card mount to fit embroidery
- Embellishments as desired
- Prepare for work, marking the centre of the fabric and chart. Start stitching from the centre.
- Work over two threads, using two strands of stranded cotton (floss) for full and three-quarter cross stitches. Work stranded cotton French knots using two strands wound once around the needle. Work Kreinik knots with one strand. Use one strand for backstitches. Mount in your card, embellishing as desired.
This chart has been excerpted from Cross Stitch Greeting Cards by Joan Elliott. A collection of 70 beautifully detailed greetings cards from leading cross stitch designer, Joan Elliott. This great-value cross stitch book features eight themed chapters with everything from sophisticated Oriental-inspired designs and Celtic celebrations to fun childhood events and adorable baby motifs. A number of chapters also include alternative project ideas, providing handy advice, useful making up instructions and stunning artworks. With a design for every occasion, follow the step-by-step instructions and clear colour charts to stitch stunning cross stitch cards for all your friends and family.