Cosy up with this stash busting cushion crochet pattern. This is a thrifty way to use up leftover bits of yarn to make a gorgeous, colourful cushion to liven up your living room.
You will need:
- Leftover yarn in the following colours: raspberry, off white, bottle green, dark red, fuchsia, midnight blue, purple, red, blue-grey, beige, khaki, old rose, lime green, sky blue, brown, copper, dark purple, plum, pink, blue-green, yellow, dark brown, light blue, orange, bright blue-green, burgundy, blue, green, lime green, mustard and black
- 60 x 120cm (24 x 48in) of assorted fabrics
- 3.5mm hook
- Start with a base chain of 31 ch then work the motif following the diagram and the instructions for daisy stitch below.
- Make all 6 motifs.
- Join the 3 x 3 motifs together by oversewing in 1 loop of each stitch.
- For the border, work 2 rounds of tr in black, 1 round of dc in red, 2 rounds of tr in black, as shown in the diagram (below).
- Create an envelope of fabric and sew on the crocheted part with invisible stitches.
Daisy Stitch instructions:
3 ch to turn the work, insert hook in the 2nd ch, yarn over once, pull yarn through the stitch, insert hook in the 3rd ch, yarn over once, pull yarn through the stitch, insert hook in the 4th ch, yarn over once, pull yarn through the stitchand insert hook in the 5th ch, yarn over once, pull yarn through the stitch – you should have 5 loops on the hook. Yarn over once and pull yarn through all 5 loops, then ch 1. *Insert the hook into the last ch 1 you made, yarn over once, pull through the stitch. Insert hook into the side of the stitch of the previous daisy (under both loops), yarn over once and pull through.Then insert hook into the next chain on the foundation chain, pull yarn through, and repeat into the next chain. You should have 5 loops on the hook. Yarn over once and pull yarn through all 5 loops on the hook, and ch 1*. Repeat from * to * for the rest of the row.
This pattern is excerpted from Patchwork Crochet.