Use felt, fabric scraps, seed beads and stitching to create these festive Christmas tree cards designed by Debbie Pyne. You can use different colours and fabrics, and even your own motifs, to personalise these cards for your friends and family.
- Scraps of green patterned fabric
(We used Dena Designs Kumari Garden Sashi Blue)
- Green Felt
- Seed Beads
- Gold or silver thread
- C5 white single-fold card
- Craft glue
Here’s how to make the Christmas tree cards…
1. Use the templates to cut out the Christmas tree shapes from the green patterned fabric and felt. Fold over the edges of the fabric piece as marked on the template and iron in place. Overlap the pieces to form the Christmas tree shape and pin in place.
2. Using a running stitch and gold or silver thread, stitch around the outside edges of the tree pieces to attach them together and to create a decorative border. As you stitch around the shapes, thread a seed bead onto the thread at equally spaced intervals for the baubles.
3. Stick the fabric tree onto the white single-fold card using craft glue. If making the tiered tree, use a pencil to lightly mark seven dots in a star shape at the top of the tree. Sew a seed bead over each dot, making sure the thread is tied off neatly on the inside of the card.
This project has been excerpted from, 101 Ways to Stitch Craft Create for all Occasions.