If you’re looking for Christmas table decoration ideas to dress the festive dining table for your guests this year, try these Christmas pudding placemats designed by Denise Mutton. Quick and easy to make, whip up as many as you need for your Christmas party! You can even make smaller versions as cute matching coasters.
You Will Need:
- Brown, cream, green and red felt
- Wadding (batting)
- Brown stranded cotton (floss)
- Fabric adhesive spray
Here’s how to make Christmas pudding placemats…
1. Using a large tea plate as a template, cut two circles from brown felt, one circle from wadding and a half-circle from cream felt. Cut the bottom edge of the cream half-circle with a wavy edge.
2. Cut two green felt holly leaves and three small circles from red felt for berries. Use brown thread to sew French knots randomly over the bottom half of the brown felt circle.
3. Trim the wadding circle by 2.5cm (1in) all round. Layer up the brown felt circle, the wadding circle and the embroidered brown felt circle. Use the fabric adhesive spray to glue the cream felt in place at the top of the layered pudding.
4. Blanket stitch around the edge of the pudding using brown thread. Sew the holly leaves and berries to the top.
This project has been excerpted from, 101 Ways to Stitch Craft Create for all Occasions.