Are you looking for card ideas for a new baby or a fantastic baby shower card? This adorable and whimsical mobile pop-up card will warm the hearts of any new parents as you congratulate them on their little bundle of joy. Featuring an easy version and a more advanced version.
What You Need:
- Paper trimmer
- Patterned paper
- Hole, star and border punches
- Corner rounder
- Craft knife
- Baby-themed embellishments
- Embroidery floss
1. Create a standard A2 card base
(4¼” × 5½” [10.8cm × 14cm] from white cardstock.
2. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 4″ × 5¼” (10.2cm × 13.3cm)
and adhere it to the card.
3. Scallop one edge of a 1″ × 4″ (2.5cm × 10.2cm) strip
of white cardstock and adhere it to the top of the card front.
4. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 1″ × 1½” (2.5cm × 3.8cm), round two of the corners of the piece and adhere the piece to the bottom right corner of the card.
5. Embellish the card with a star punched from blue cardstock and a few buttons.
Beyond the Basics
Make the front of the card according to the instructions for The Basics. Then…
1 Cut a piece of patterned paper to ¼” × 8¼” (6mm × 21cm) and fold it in half. This will be your card liner.
On the folded
edge, draw a box, marking the paper at 1″ (2.5cm) and 11?2″ (3.8cm) from the top. You’ll want the strip to be 2″ (5cm) long. Unfold the lining and cut along the long sides of the box only.
2 Adhere a piece of white cardstock cut to ½” × 4″ (1.3cm × 10.2cm) over the pop-up strip.
3 Punch holes in the white strip.
4 Adhere the card liner to the interior of the card base.
5 Tie baby-themed embellishments through the holes in the pop-up strip. Finish embellishing the inside of the card by adding strips of scallop-punched paper to the top edge of the card.