These cute bunny biscuits are perfect for an Easter party. Practice your royal icing skills to master this project and give each bunny its own personality!
You Will Need:
- Circular biscuits
- White sugarpaste
- White sugar florist paste (SFP)
- Brown, green and blue gel paste colours
- Royal icing
- Black icing pen
- Disposable piping bags
- Nos. 1, 2 and 3 piping nozzles
- Fluted circle cutter, 5.5cm (2¼in) diameter
Here’s how to make the bunny biscuits…
1. Knead together equal amounts of white sugarpaste and white SFP. Colour the paste a pale blue using gel paste colouring. Roll out the blue paste to 2mm (scant ?in) thick. Cut out to six fluted circles and set aside to dry. Once dry, prepare the royal icing. Colour one third brown and one third green. Put the green royal icing in a piping bag fitted with a no. 1 nozzle and the remaining white in a bag fitted with a no. 2 nozzle. Add a drop of water to loosen the brown royal icing and add to a piping bag fitted with a no. 3 nozzle.
2. When decorating the circles, allow each piped part to dry slightly before adding the next to avoid bleeding.
For the feet: pipe two brown teardrops, one third of the way up.
For the body: pipe a 1.5cm (?in) bulb just above the feet.
For the head: pipe a 1cm (¼in) bulb.
For the ears: pipe two teardrops, flopping one over slightly.
For the grass: use green either side.
For the whiskers: use black icing pen to draw onto either side of the head.
For the bobtail: add a small bulb of white to base of body.
3. Allow the royal icing to dry completely before securing each disc to the top of each biscuit using a light brush of water.