This Crochet Baby Blanket will leave your child feeling warm and cosy. Better still, it looks delightful and is easy to make! by Lynda Wainwright
You Will Need:
- 4mm (US size G/6) crochet hook
- 4 x 50g balls purple yarn (MC)
- 2 x 50g balls white yarn (C)
- 5 x 50g balls red yarn
1. First work a tension square: 8 rows and 16 sts to 10cm (37?8in) worked in pattern.
2. You must decide whether you will be working the single colour blanket or the striped blanket, and crochet your chosen design following the pattern below:
Work 1tr into 3rd ch from hook, (1tr in each chain) to end, turn. (80sts)
This is a 2 row pattern.
Row 1: Make 1ch, 1dc in between 1st 2tr of last row, *3ch, miss next 3tr, 1dc in between last of the 3 missed tr and next tr, 1ch, miss next tr, 1 dc in between next trs as before, repeat from * to last st, ending last rep after 3ch, work 1dc into top of last st, turn.
Row 2: 3ch, *work 3tr into 3ch space, miss next dc, 1tr into next 1ch sp, miss next dc, rep from * ending last rep at 3tr in 3ch sp, 1ddc into last st.
Repeat pattern rows 1 and 2.
For single colour blanket: Continue the 2 pattern rows until 90 pattern rows have been worked.
For striped blanket: Work 4 rows in MC followed by 2 rows in C. Continue until 90 pattern rows have been worked. Fasten off.
Shell edging: (If using 2 colours join C to the top right corner, work 1dc all around the body of the blanket working 3dc into each corner and complete in MC.)
Join yarn to the 2nd dc from any corner of the blanket, work 1ch, (miss 1st dc, 5tr into next dc, miss 1dc, 1dc into next dc), repeat around the edge working the ‘shell’ into the middle st of each corner, sl st into beginning ch. Fasten off.
3. Sew in all ends, and block and press as detailed on the yarn band.